The Germantown Alliance was founded in 1976 and was established to be an alliance of volunteer residents, businesses and organizations working together to be a unified voice for Germantown, Maryland. The group, which has been dormant for a few years, works closely with county officials to ensure that the thoughts and concerns of the Germantown community are heard and considered.
The Mission of the Germantown Alliance is to be an active voice for Germantown residents, businesses and organizations in building a safe, healthy, vibrant community.
Goal of the Germantown Alliance
The goal of the Germantown Alliance is to be a proactive, engaged group that works together on issues impacting our community.
The following is a list of community leaders working to rebuild the Germantown Alliance:
- Marilyn Balcombe, Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
- Krista Bradley, BlackRock Center for the Arts
- Susan Burkinshaw, Germantown Resident, BlackRock Board of Directors
- Trish Heffelfinger, Maryland Soccer Foundation
- Craig Rice, County Councilmember, District 2
- Catherine Matthews, Upcounty Regional Services Director
General Meetings of the Germantown Alliance take place the fourth Thursday of every month. The locations vary from month to month as we re-establish with the Germantown community. Check our Upcoming Meetings page for information on when and where our next meeting will be.